Saturday, October 15, 2011

Internship Week of October 9th


I attended Adult Forum again on Sunday morning. It was the first of a monthly discussion of Mitch Albom’s “Have a Little Faith.” We began by discussing spiritual journeys, which spoke to me quite a lot. I volunteered to share mine, and it felt really great to be able to contribute so much to the discussion. It was also enriching to hear the snippets of others’ stories; I realized how much we share, but at the same time how differing the stories can be. If you haven't already read it I highly recommend it.
I attended the Stephen’s Ministry meeting again on Tuesday. I’ve really enjoyed learning about the lay side of pastoral care. The people who are a part of this ministry are extraordinary individuals. They have been very welcoming of me, and encourage my opinions when I feel they are appropriate. I will be going with the rector to take communion to a Retirement Community next week; something I’m very excited about.
I met with my spiritual advisor this week. She and I discussed how it feels going from the process I was in to the one I’m in now, and how I feel my internship is going. I’m really optimistic about the experiences I’ve been having at my internship; the congregants have been supportive and welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment